Just like how kitchens tend to be the center of the home when you entertain, the fireplace is the gathering spot in the wintertime, especially if you live in Minnesota like I do. Because people tend to gather around the warm, cozy fireplace, it’s important to make it the real focal point of whatever room it’s in. Typically fireplaces are found in living and family rooms, but you’d be surprised at how many dining rooms are popping up with them!
Here are three tips I have for turning your fireplace into the focal point:
1 – Jazz it Up
One way to do this is to update your fireplace (if it isn’t already) to gas. The image below gives you a little idea of how sleek a gas fireplace can look.
- Published in Uncategorized
- Pantone Color Of The Year 2018 – 18-3838 ...
- Update your kitchen. Brighten the entire home. ...
- Interior designer Tiffany Hanken understands ho...
- Interior Design: The Process The end-to-end pro...
- Coastal Design Ideas have always been popular, ...
- Aperitif Lounges – European Style (1)
- Bars & Entertaining (2)
- Bathrooms (4)
- Bedrooms (3)
- Before & After (2)
- Blog (12)
- Coastal Inspiration (1)
- DIY (1)
- Exteriors (3)
- Interiors (8)
- Kitchens (8)
- Minneapolis Look Book (1)
- Outdoor Living (2)
- Pantone Color of the Year (3)
- Porches (1)
- The Interior Design Process (1)
- Tips & Tricks (1)
- Uncategorized (86)