Just like how kitchens tend to be the center of the home when you entertain, the fireplace is the gathering spot in the wintertime, especially if you live in Minnesota like I do. Because people tend to gather around the warm, cozy fireplace, it’s important to make it the real focal point of whatever room it’s in. Typically fireplaces are found in living and family rooms, but you’d be surprised at how many dining rooms are popping up with them!
Here are three tips I have for turning your fireplace into the focal point:
1 – Jazz it Up
One way to do this is to update your fireplace (if it isn’t already) to gas. The image below gives you a little idea of how sleek a gas fireplace can look.
- Published in Uncategorized
- Costly Home Improvement Mistakes to avoid…...
- Regardless the size of your house, the bedroom ...
- The Old Italian Terrazzo Flooring Trend is Maki...
- A true story about neutral paint colors So you&...
- Pantone Color Of The Year 2018 – 18-3838 ...
- Aperitif Lounges – European Style (1)
- Bars & Entertaining (2)
- Bathrooms (4)
- Bedrooms (4)
- Before & After (2)
- Blog (16)
- Coastal Inspiration (1)
- Contributor Articles (1)
- DIY (2)
- Exteriors (3)
- Interiors (9)
- Kitchens (8)
- Minneapolis Look Book (1)
- Outdoor Living (2)
- Pantone Color of the Year (3)
- Porches (1)
- Renaissance (1)
- The Interior Design Process (1)
- Tips & Tricks (2)
- Uncategorized (86)