Spice up your Thanksgiving table!
We’ve got just a couple of days until the table needs to be set and ready for Thanksgiving dinner. This year, I challenge you to try something new and modern. Something that says you are ready for 2013! Here are a couple simple ways to modernize your Thanksgiving table setting:
1. Utilize found items.Forget the leaves that all the other table settings have and try something from your backyard! Branches and sticks can be spray painted gold, red or white and will look glorious running down the table. Use berries for pops of color, and you can even spray paint gourds and pumpkins to give them a nontraditional color.
2. Mix up the color scheme. Traditionally, Thanksgiving colors are reds, oranges and browns. Not this year! Bring in some pinks with your oranges and add pops of white, cream and charcoal to make the colors really stand out. Add turquoise with your brown. Place-mats, plates, candles … whatever you chose, dare to add some colors we rarely see this time of year.
3. Combine patterns. Don’t be afraid to mix and match! Unconventional patterns make for an exciting dinner table, especially if you mix them up. From runners to napkins, tablecloths to ribbons, adding some funky patterns will make your Thanksgiving dinner setting unlike any other. Square or round white dishes pair nicely with any patterns you choose.
4. Layer place-mats. A multitude of place-mats can add depth without cluttering the already full table. Again, be fearless with your color and pattern choices, but make sure it’s cohesive and doesn’t take away from the food on the table.
Whatever you choose to set your table with this year, dare to modernize it a bit so it stands out from all the rest! Happy Thanksgiving!
Design the life you love.
One Response to “Spice up your Thanksgiving table!”
- Costly Home Improvement Mistakes to avoid…...
- Regardless the size of your house, the bedroom ...
- The Old Italian Terrazzo Flooring Trend is Maki...
- A true story about neutral paint colors So you&...
- Pantone Color Of The Year 2018 – 18-3838 ...
- Aperitif Lounges – European Style (1)
- Bars & Entertaining (2)
- Bathrooms (4)
- Bedrooms (4)
- Before & After (2)
- Blog (16)
- Coastal Inspiration (1)
- Contributor Articles (1)
- DIY (2)
- Exteriors (3)
- Interiors (9)
- Kitchens (8)
- Minneapolis Look Book (1)
- Outdoor Living (2)
- Pantone Color of the Year (3)
- Porches (1)
- Renaissance (1)
- The Interior Design Process (1)
- Tips & Tricks (2)
- Uncategorized (86)