Creating Impact With Mirrors
Mirrors add style and sophistication to our homes. Here are a few design tricks that outline why I enjoy working with mirrors:
Shine A little Light
A mirror hung to reflect a window gives the illusion of another window in the room. The space will look bigger and, depending on the weather report, brighter.
Prop up a large mirror (at least three-fourths as tall as the wall). It’s a classic interior decorator’s trick to create instant―square footage.
Bring the Drama
Venetian mirrors — which have designs etched into their surface — glam up any room: bedroom, bathroom, entryway, and even dining room.
Break up a mirrored wall with moulding or hang smaller square mirrors evenly from ceiling down for a polished look and to create the illusion of more space
- Interior designer Tiffany Hanken understands ho...
- Interior Design: The Process The end-to-end pro...
- Coastal Design Ideas have always been popular, ...
- The Kitchen Backsplash; Your Home’s Focal...
- Home Renovation at 1311 Toledo Avenue North, Mi...
- Aperitif Lounges – European Style (1)
- Bars & Entertaining (2)
- Bathrooms (4)
- Bedrooms (3)
- Before & After (2)
- Blog (10)
- Coastal Inspiration (1)
- DIY (1)
- Exteriors (3)
- Interiors (8)
- Kitchens (7)
- Minneapolis Look Book (1)
- Outdoor Living (2)
- Pantone Color of the Year (2)
- Porches (1)
- The Interior Design Process (1)
- Tips & Tricks (1)
- Uncategorized (85)