Creating Impact With Mirrors
Mirrors add style and sophistication to our homes. Here are a few design tricks that outline why I enjoy working with mirrors:
Shine A little Light
A mirror hung to reflect a window gives the illusion of another window in the room. The space will look bigger and, depending on the weather report, brighter.
Prop up a large mirror (at least three-fourths as tall as the wall). It’s a classic interior decorator’s trick to create instant―square footage.
Bring the Drama
Venetian mirrors — which have designs etched into their surface — glam up any room: bedroom, bathroom, entryway, and even dining room.
Break up a mirrored wall with moulding or hang smaller square mirrors evenly from ceiling down for a polished look and to create the illusion of more space
- Costly Home Improvement Mistakes to avoid…...
- Regardless the size of your house, the bedroom ...
- The Old Italian Terrazzo Flooring Trend is Maki...
- A true story about neutral paint colors So you&...
- Pantone Color Of The Year 2018 – 18-3838 ...
- Aperitif Lounges – European Style (1)
- Bars & Entertaining (2)
- Bathrooms (4)
- Bedrooms (4)
- Before & After (2)
- Blog (16)
- Coastal Inspiration (1)
- Contributor Articles (1)
- DIY (2)
- Exteriors (3)
- Interiors (9)
- Kitchens (8)
- Minneapolis Look Book (1)
- Outdoor Living (2)
- Pantone Color of the Year (3)
- Porches (1)
- Renaissance (1)
- The Interior Design Process (1)
- Tips & Tricks (2)
- Uncategorized (86)